Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Starting Line

Weekly Mileage: 0
Next Race: Unknown

I am a runner.
I am strong.
I am new to blogging.
I am not running right now.

Next week will mark the start of yet another "season" of running for me.  Running for nearly the last twelve years straight has made my body efficient and crisp, not running these last two weeks has made me twitchy and anxious.  Monday morning cannot come fast enough.

As I said before, I am new to blogging.  Privacy settings, layouts, posts, permalinks are completely foreign to me.  There will be some readers who will know who I am because I told them but in general I am going to attempt to keep anonymity.  I hope others (if anyone reads this) will think of me as the "every woman" runner.  Having said that, I hope readers will forgive any horrible grammar or spelling mistakes (I majored in Biology not English).

My goals for this blog are simple: one post a week, share my passion for running and Christianity, and hopefully inspire others through sharing my life adventures.

My rules: 1. No personal information  2. No pictures of me but I will post pictures from my adventures  3. Nicknames for friends  4.  Start each post similarly to how I started this one  5. End with an inspirational quote or verse

From this Heart of a Runner

"Adversity doesn't build character- it reveals it"  ~ John Wooden

No comments:

Post a Comment